[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_column_text]Here we leave you with the letter of presentation from the new UCS:[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space image_repeat=”no-repeat”][vc_column_text]As 2018 begins, so does a new stage of the Unió Catalana de Surfistas, UCS (Catalan Surfers Union). Renewed energies, fresh air and eagerness to do things well for a diverse community that does not stop growing in Catalonia and which demands responses to common necessities.
After some elections in the middle of 2017, a new board of directors entered to take charge of the entity with a very clear philosophy that is based on these foundations:
The UCS’s reason for being is very clear to us; we work with the following objectives:
- To safeguard the interests of all of the community, which encompasses those practising surfing, longboard, paddle surf and bodyboard
- To promote our sports and their disciplines
- To plan and administrate the practice of surf in Catalonia
From the start, the most immediate changes are the improvements to communication, all of which takes place regarding the current situation of our sports and from the entity itself through our new webpage www.fsurf.cat, which is already functioning, as well as our profiles on Facebook and Instagram. We present to you a few important things that are sure to interest you:
- Firstly, from 1 January 2018, we will be able to offer federation licenses in both accident insurance and Civil liability, which will both be valid and recognised by the Federación Española de Surf, FESURF (Spanish Surf Federation) and the federations adhering to this (Cántabra, Gallega, Asturiana, Canaria and Andalusia). This is because being safe on the water is something important for the peace of mind for all.
- Secondly, we are in the process of having the first contacts to create competition circuits for surfing, longboard, bodyboard, wave paddle surf and SUP races. Equally, we are open to proposals and petitions from clubs, entities or private businesses interested in carrying out a circuit event. For more information, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are hoping to present the challenges calendar to you soon.
This is all for the moment! Simply remember that we are at your disposal for any queries, comments or contributions that you may have. You will receive more news soon!
We wish you good waves!